Inlaid Butterfly Die

Stampin Up Butterfly Thinlits, Inlaid Die Technique, CAS cards





AAA Cards and Happy Stampers want us to use the 'inlaid die' technique.




I'm also skipping over to Di's playground as the teeny weeny inlaid snippets were left over from a card I made recently.
Unfortunately I can't show you said card, as it is going to be published in the August edition of Craft Stamper magazine!
Whoop, whoop!

Anyway, back to this card ... I made a graduated rainbow background with my Brushos and die cut a butterfly from it and painstakingly pushed out the inlaid die pieces in the corrext order for re-insertion in a white version of the butterfly die.
It was VERY fiddly to do and did require the proverbial amount of patience.
Even though I love the finished effect of the card, it's not a technique I'll be rushing to do again!
Phew

14 comments

  1. Well your patience was rewarded as you've made a FABULOUS card. It's SOOO pretty. MANY CONGRATS on being published in CS later this year . . . I subscribe to the mag, so will be sure to see it!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double wow from me Lindsey - what a fabulous card and your butterfly is just stunning. I love the graduated colours - and well done for Percy Veering with those fiddly little pieces. I adore inlaid die cutting but, like you, find it can really test the patience levels! Great to see you in the Playgound!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say - well done on being published, I'll watch out for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card - well worth the effort! Congrats on getting published.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a labour of love. Congratulations on being published. I shall look out for you! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and so CAS, Lindsey. :) I <3 butterflies, so this is particularly beautiful to me. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card! I love the white outline of the butterfly and the coloured inlay. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely beautiful card Lindsey. It must have taken an age but the end result is a stunner. Congratulations on being published in Craft Stamper. I'll be watching out for you. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your brusho inlaid die pieces here Lindsey, gorgeous, colours, intricate and elegant butterfly and thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Well done on the magazine highlight ... looking forward to seeing the 'said' card. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. Amazing patience! But yes - it turned out awesome. Would love to see how you did the Brusho background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! What a stunning butterfly. Thanks for playing along with the HLS CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous take on the inlaid die cutting technique! The colors look like tie dye! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are right Lindsey these inlaid techniques do test the patience levels but it was certainly worth the effort as it is a very pretty CAS card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.