Checked Background


Using sketch retrosketches #2 and the colour combo of red, blue, vanilla and crumb cake from simply stampin.  I had a piece of checked background left over from my previous card so seemed a shame not to make use of it! (See previous post for how to replicate this checked background yourself).

I stamped the cake image on Crumb Cake with Versamark and then paper-pieced it on top of my home-made tag for a more realistically-coloured cake.


Thanks for popping by! 

SU inks:  Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze, Versamark
SU cardstock: Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Crumb Cake
SU stamp: Happiest Birthday Wishes
SU other:  Stripes Embossing Folder, linen thread, Pennant Punch

    


6 comments

  1. Loving the checked background Lindsey, it often works out much better to create your own backgrounds as you can colour match them to whatever you want! Thanks for joining in with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge!
    Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for using up your checked CS after your last card - the checked background works so well with your birthday cake tag, it's reminiscent of a gingham tablecloth - fab card!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Simply Stampin' and I hope you play along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab checked background and great card. Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet and simple Lindsey! I'm loving that little tag! So glad you played along with us at Retrosketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! I love the background you created and that tag is wonderful. :)
    Thanks for joining us at Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay, this is adorable! Sorry it's taken me this long to come back and comment - I only had time to peek at everyone's cards before! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and I hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!