One Layer: Blowing in the Wind

Feeling in the mood for one layer cards lately - forgotten however how you have to think quite a bit harder about these challenges!

Finished card:

Stampin Up Butterfly Basics, one layer cards

 

For the challenge at OneLayerSimplicity : Blowing in the Wind.

My first thought was silhouettes with lots of water and brushos. Forgot however that lots of water = warped card stock.

See first attempt:

Not happy with wonky card! On the plus side, fascinated with the multi pigmented Brushos. Would you believe this was using black & lemon?

Second attempt:

 

Much happier with this! My third foray into the world of Gelli printing.

Could quite get into this ;)

After some brayer practice mind ...

 

SU card: whisper white
SU ink: Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry
SU stamps: Butterfly Basics
SU other: Beautiful Wings Embosslits

 

 

3 comments

  1. maybe it's just that my eyes are wonky, but I LOVE the second card. The first one is nice but that second one is gorgeous (at least to me!)
    nice work
    tonilea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!