PaperPlayers want CAS monochrome cards this week.
The sunshine's back :)
Last day of school (and work) tomorrow ...
SU card: Whisper White, Pool Party, Coastal CabanaSU ink: Pool Party, Coastal CabanaSU stamps: Petite Petals, PictogramSU punch: Petite Petals, Itty BittySU other: Simply scored
An anniversary card using the cheerful sentiment from the Happy Day set as I don't have an actual "Happy Anniversary" sentiment!! Have to remedy that ...
SU card: Whisper WhiteSU ink: Strawberry Dlush, Daffodil Delight, Coastal CabanaSU stamps: Banner Blast, Happy DaySU punch: BannerSU other: Simply Scored
The Swallowtail stamp is excellent for a quick and easy card. A large but very detailed stamp that makes such an impact! A simple case of matting on co-ordinated card stock and a bit of bling!
Happy Sunday - the sun is trying to squeeze through the clouds ... I hope it makes it!
SU card: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White
SU ink: Strawberry Slush
SU stamps: Swallowtail, Papillon Potpourri
To get the muted watercolour effect, I first inked up the stamp in pale Pink Pirouette. I then added different turquoise areas with marker pens. Finally a quick light spritz of water before stamping. I do mean light misting unless you want a completely smudged effect ;)
The small banner die is from the Thinlits circle die set.
SU card: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper WhiteSU ink: pink Pirouette, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Island IndigoSU stamps: Swallowtail, Hip Hip HooraySU other: Thinlits Circle Die
If you want to have a go:
2 pieces of double sided patterned paper 4" square
Piece acetate 3 1/2" x 9"
- Score the patterned paper on each side at 7/8" then fold & glue to make the box top and bottom
- Score the acetate (landscape ways) at 2 2/8, 4 4/8, 6 6/8, 9
- Use extra strong double sided tape to glue the overlap edge of acetate
- Glue the acetate inside the patterned paper bottom
- Punch a hole on 2 opposite sides of the paper top
- Slide the top onto the acetate, mark the location of the holes on the acetate with permanent marker
- Punch the holes in the acetate
- Thread the ribbon through the top & acetate & knot inside the acetate so the ribbon stays put.
And le voila (as the French say)
Happy Wednesday - halfway through the week now :)
SU card: Very Vanilla, Calypso CoralSU ink: Calypso CoralSU stamps: Petite PetalsSU punch: Petite Petals, PansySU other: acetate,Simply scored