Rockstar Birthday

Stampin Up Music Notes, Teenager

 

PaperPlayers want a CAS card for a child. My younger son is heavy into music - hence my inspiration!

The music score stamp is from a Stampin Up wheel stamp. I wasn't a great fan of the wheel stamps; I often "wheeled" them in a wonky line! So I've removed the rubber stamps from their wheels using a sharp craft knife and now use them as flat rubber stamps. You can adhere them to an acrylic block using a glue stick (this easily washes off when done).

It feels like ages since I've made a card - and indeed it is!

2 weeks left of the summer holidays and I feel like making amends! ...

 

SU card: Whisper White, Smoky Slate
SU ink: Smoky Slate, Encore Silver, Versamark
SU stamp: Music Notes
SU other: gold embossing powder

 

 

3 comments

  1. Very cool....not a traditional kid's birthday card, but for someone like your son who loves music, it's perfect! Great tip on the wheel, too! I have done that with several of my retired wheels...MUCH easier to use. I have also used an acrylic block as a guide to run my wheel along, if you have any that you haven't unmounted yet. I found that works really well! Thanks for participating this week with my Paper Players birthday card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday card! I love how you layered the different images. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, your son will LOVE this special card! I love the way you used the stamps to layer your card! Thanks for the tip on the wheel stamps, too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!