Valentine

Stampin Up Thinlits Circle Card, Wacky Wishes
 
TheMaleRoom wants Valentine cards for the men in your life (here's my husband's!) and PapertakeWeekly want to see hearts.
 

 

I had a play with my new toy, the Thinlits Circle card die. It's surprisingly easy to use but does make an alarming amount of cracking noises when going thro' the Big Shot (it sounds like everything is going to split in two). It must be something to do with the die, as it works perfectly & nothing was harmed in the making of this card!

Ordinarily the die gives you a 'zig-zag' style double fold card. To get the triple fold, you need to cut a 13.8cm strip from a landscape piece of A4 card (ie 13.8cm x 21cm). You then weave the card through the die with the right hand side overhanging:

This gives another fold line where the card overhangs on the right hand side.

If you want to line your card with patterned paper & a tiny border as I have done, working left to right, the dimensions are as follows:

13.5cm x 5.1cm. 13.5cm x 7.2cm. 13.5cm x 5.8cm

Oh and another tip: the 2 1/2" circle punch gives a perfect sized circle for layering/matting in the centre circle of the card.

Have fun!

SU card: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
SU ink: Basic Black
SU stamp: Wacky Wishes
SU punch: 2 1/2" circle
SU die: Thinlits Circle Card

 

4 comments

  1. I do like this - the folds are great and I adore the paper! Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and a great tip too for using that gorgeous die- must give it a go! Thanks for plying along this week in TMR - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great Valentine's for your hubby! I really like that fancy die-cut...I think I need one. Your dp is perfect! Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!