Mixed Media

 

StampingSensations want "wings/fantasy/fiction" and the new ButterflyChallenge want butterflies & flowers.


I've been a follower of PaperArtsy for ages and have always fancied a play with mixed media. I had a lovely box of art goodies for a Xmas present and all the lids were cracked open today and I got well and truly messy! I took inspiration from PaperArtsy's Julie Ann, using corrugated card and stamped text.

The complete antithesis to my usual CAS "less is more" style. I layered and layered away. Gesso, stencils, modelling paste, acrylic paints, finger painting, watercolour pencils, ink splattering, 3D pearl paint, glitter, punches ... Oh and I did a little stamping!

The weather outside is atrocious - time to batten down the hatches!

 

12 comments

  1. Wow and double wow Lindsey! This is just stunning. All my fave shades and so beautifully done. Mrs A's gonna LOVE this!!

    Remember to come back and play with us in the Playground if you make anything using up snippets!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to batten down the hatches and stay inside and Di's right I love it to bits. This is just what I wanted to see. People playing along and not just with cards. There are so many possibilities. I adore this journal book and your layers upon make a perfect finish. Thank you again for wholeheartedly embracing my challenge. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful, Lindsey! It's nice sometimes to have a change from usual and just step out of the comfort zone, especially when the weather outside is so dreadful. This colourful and beautiful journaling comes from the heart and makes me think that Spring might just be on the horizon! Thank you so much for playing along with the PaperArtsy Challenge this week! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great journal. The colours are wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Lindsey, such much lovely texture and colours and the flowers and butterflies are a nice reminder that Spring will come eventually.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW LINDSEY - you have done a FANTASTIC job playing in your Art Journal. We are quite alike in that I generally make CAS cards . . .but go nuts in my Art Journal! It's VERY liberating! Bet you had tonnes of fun - I know I do!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Lindsay.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely delightful, Lindsey! Love all the texture and the colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning creation, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your journal page is stunning Lindsey!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!