Petal Cone Box

Stampin Up Petal Cone Die, Sweetly Framed

MakeMyMonday wants anything but a card. Here's an easy little gift box made using the Petal Cone Die.

If you want to have a go: die cut 2 pieces; for each of the 4 box sides, measure 9cm from the flap down and cut off the surplus below the 9cm mark; measure 6cm from the flap down and make a crease. If you want to emboss the pieces for a bit of extra interest, now is the time to do it! Then glue the 2 pieces together down the side strips; fold up the bottoms and glue together.

 

I decorated my box with a strip of patterned paper; a coordinating stamped scalloped circle hides the join of the top flaps.

 

For the card, I simply punched out several squares of coordinating papers & added a couple of rounded corners and (my favourite embellishment!) some scoring.

 

Thanks for popping by!

SU card: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Old Olive
SU ink: Certainly Celery
SU stamps: Sweetly Framed, Just Believe
SU punch: Square, Scalloped circle
SU other: Petal Cone Die, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Simply Scored


 

2 comments

  1. A cute little gift box and I love the embossing as an extra feature. Thanx for sharing with us at Make My Monday.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fabulous project. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Make My Monday.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!