Put the flags out


Using sketch 181 from cleanandsimple and the colour combo of red, blue, vanilla and crumb cake from simply stampin.


I made my own checked background using the stripes embossing folder and inking it with first Baja Breeze, then rotating the cardstock 90 degrees and doing the same with Poppy parade ink.  For more on this technique see here!  I didn't use any crumb cake cardstock ( I like the LIM look) but the linen thread is the same colour so I hope that counts!

Thanks for popping by! 

SU inks:  Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze
SU cardstock: Very Vanilla
SU stamp: Outlined Occasions
SU other:  Stripes Embossing Folder, linen thread, Pennant Punch

    


3 comments

  1. Hi Lindsey...I think this is meant to be your first entry for the Simply Stampin' Challenge but you have put the wrong link to it! Like the checked banner detail... it's fun to try out new techniques! Thanks for entering this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey, Did you mean to enter your delicate Doily card for the DT call? If so could you email it along with your top 3 stampin' up! creations you've made to the challenge website. It's simplystampinchallenge@hotmail.co.uk

    I love your hand made gingham idea! Never seen that done before, very original.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab technique Lindsey and it makes for adorable bunting! A CAS card that is very stylish, I love it! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!