Masculine Birthday Presents


Using the JAI sketch for inspiration


and colours (red, olive, kraft & ivory) from Color Throwdown.  I thought these colours were more ideally suited for a man & I need to top up my stash of masculine cards.  

The "Happiest Birthday Wishes" stamp set is a hostess exclusive - it really is great for CAS & masculine cards.  I stamped the presents in versamark first, followed by Real Red.  This meant I could then clear emboss the image. The overall effect is therefore "shimmery", for want of a better word, to go with the olive green card blank & inset ivory card with the presents image which are also shimmery!

I used the Real Red spotty DSP to highlight the spotty present (mind you I could equally have used the striped DSP to match the other presents but I definitely have a thing for spots ...)  


Thanks for popping by! 

SU card: Real Red DSP
SU Inks: Real Red, Versamark
SU stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes
SU other: Clear Emboss Powder, Heat Tool



5 comments

  1. Simple and bold. Very nice! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful CAS design...love the awesome fold and the adorable stamp you used!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cant go wrong with Crumbcake and polka dots for a guy card Lindsey, nice clean lines and great fold..
    Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the simplicity of this card - it works so well!...and I'm loving the polka dot pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very clean design with a focus on the presents. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!