Henry's Birthday

A birthday card for my son (gosh the last 11 years have flown by! One more birthday & he'll be a teenager EEK). 


Based on the sketch from Skipping Stones Design


and the colour combo from ColourQ



I thought the colour combo was great for a masculine card.  Having said that, I put greater emphasis on the red and blue and left the purples for the present images!  Apologies for the rather dull lighting, I had to make the card late at night after work and various football training sessions -  daylight hours had long since gone.  As it was for a boy, I scored several lines under the sentiment in place of my usual ribbon decorations!


I kept with a circular/dotty theme using circle punches, dotty embossing folder & dotty present images.  I did use Crystal Effects to highlight the razzleberry dots on the presents, not sure that it comes out v clearly in the photo though.

Thanks for popping by! 

SU card: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Bravo Burgundy, Rich Razzleberry, Wisteria Wonder
SU Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Rich Razzleberry, Wisteria Wonder
SU stamps: Curly Cute, Every Little Bit
SU other: Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, circle punch, rounded corner punch, Crystal Effects


10 comments

  1. Such a cute card for Henry, Lindsey! Those years fly by don't they? I am sure he will love it, too. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the sketch and colors...cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card!! thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous color combination! Fabulous card!! Thanks for joining us at Skipping Stones Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun card!!! I love it! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the repetition of the circles on your card, Lindsey! I hope your son had a great birthday. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet birthday card Lindsey! Thanks for playing the Color Q with us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderfully clean and simple card, my favorite! Thanks for playing at Skipping Stones Design this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at SSD this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I do appreciate it!